KPMG LAW D.Dobkowski sp.k. has an extensive experience in the provision of legal advisory services on development, implementation and use of IT systems, as well as on telecommunication solutions and transfer of technologies. In line with the ongoing digitization of the economy, we provide legal support on projects related to cloud services and artificial intelligence.
We enhance our legal competence with a thorough knowledge of characteristics of new technologies, individual industries and business background. Our additional asset is our close cooperation with other experts from the KPMG Group in the field of IT, financial, economic and cybersecurity advisory.
We deliver our services to private and public entities. Our tasks include provision of advice on projects and investments co-financed from the European Union funds.
Our lawyers act in cases involving:
- implementation of IT solutions, including the on-premises model and the cloud model,
- legal services in the field of delivery, system integration, data migration, transfer of rights, copyright agreements regarding software (including migration to the cloud environment),
- legal advice for telecommunications entrepreneurs, digital service providers (including e-commerce), cloud service providers (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS),
- verification and negotiation of contracts with cloud service providers, in particular in the field of data confidentiality, interoperability and data portability, as well as in supplier verification procedures – taking into account the issues of vendor lock-in and a potential limitation of the customer’s position, validity, continuity and availability of services and minimization of costs related to a potential change of supplier,
- provision of advice in the area of cybersecurity and protection of personal and non-personal data,
- purchase of technologies and databases,
- agreements accompanying the implementation of IT systems – including service level agreements (SLA), post-implementation assistance agreements, software escrow agreements,
- contracts for the supply of telecommunications networks and lines,
- license agreements for enterprise management systems (ERP, CRM), maintenance of IT systems in the enterprise, outsourcing of IT services,
- implementation of integrated IT systems (e.g. for servicing company branches and customers; public ICT infrastructure for state authorities, institutions, enterprises and citizens),
- IT environment security audits (system support by the supplier, providing updates and new versions of software, protection of data and confidential information processed in the network) – compliance with the law, internal regulations of the organization and applicable standards.
In IT projects, our ambition is to develop a legal framework that will allow the safe use of software and ensure proper data protection, and in the case of services (including cloud services) – a framework that will allow a proper implementation, configuration and use of the services. Thanks to our experience in the regulatory area, e.g. in the field of telecommunications, we also know how important it is to be always ready to adapt to the constantly changing legal environment.